20060427

One of my favorite venues in PHX - The Ice House - too bad the music was terrible. You can have the greatest light show - the most incredible dancers - it all supports the groove and if there isn't one the party bites. I used to go to the "Rave" parties in the desert (you know the 'secret squirrel' ones), and in town.

These candykids would come up to me and say, "hey man, are you rollin'?" I'd answer, "yeah man - on the music."


To which the reply was usually bewilderment, a pause, and then "coooooooool." They'd wander off to find some more Vicks Vapor Rub.

My buddy Tim called me one night and told me to turn on MSNBC.

I asked, "why, what's on?"


"Just turn it on....", he said. It was a covert camera the daughter of a DEA agent had in her stocking cap at a party at the Nile Theater in Mesa. The footage panned and, yup there I was sitting down, coated with sweat from dancing and looking like all the kids around me who were on something. Even though I wasn't doing anything wrong it looked bad. Escpecially since I was in the AZ Military Academy at the time.

No comments: