20060427

Yep ANOTHER trip. I will be so glad to get home after this one. Travel only about one week out of the month as far as I know now. The Course in FL is on OSHA Compliance and updates. Some great courses, but long days. Wednesday we were able to get out early and explore Universal Studios. My co-worker, Tom and I went to the Twister Show, saw the Blues Brothers show, grabbed a few Guinness at the Irish Pub, headed on to the Mummy Ride (my favorite), the Back to the Future, and then over at Islands of Adventure we hit the Dr. Doom ride twice. He went on the Hulk rollercoaster while I checked out all the MARVEL stuff they were peddling in the shops there.

Now on the eve of the last class I sit here and think of all the things I have learned, had crammed into my head over the last month - three weeks of courses in how to get the job done. It is overwhelming some days. The problem with running the safety program is that it is as good as you make it. Obviously if you do a crappy job then you'll brobably get fired. If you genuinely try to get it all done you'll never sleep. I am realizing that now. I am now working on prioritizing the work that we have to get done and start from there. One small step at a time.


No comments: