20070608

Four months later they finally found out what was wrong with me. I thought originally that I had another hernia, or tore up the fiberglass mesh patch on the last one. I started taking Hydrocodone for the pain. I thought that the chills, fevers, lightheaded-ness and dizziness were all part of the effects of the painkillers. After a CT scan, results were inconclusive. Then I went for an ultrasound.

Turns out three of my lymph nodes in my groin were going nuts and were swollen. I discussed this with my primary care physician and he was very concerned. After about a pint of blood and 12 different tests on it and my pee they figured it out. I had a bacterial infection (Treponema pallidum). Not fun. Luckily it hadn't progressed far enough to destroy any of my organs.



I also opted to have the largest of these three lymph nodes removed and have a biopsy conducted on it to ensure there aren't any carcinomas involved in the reaction of my lymph nodes. My dad's side had a history of cancer, so I want to check anything out that might be related to cancer, or pre-cancerous. I am pretty confident they wont find anything, but I figure its better to be proactive than reactive on this one.

No comments: