20100823

Boats, Trains and Aeroplanes...

After managing to get through customs pretty quickly and a painless Tube ride, I found myself at the train station.  EVERYONE who had been diverted to England was trying to get to Dublin.  The train was packed.  I sat net to a cute girl from Vancouver after wrangling my seat from someone who was in it and grumbling the whole time I made him get out of it.  I was thinking, "don't even start buddy.." I was getting tired now.  It is about 1930 on the 5th, my third day of travel and so far, I have had intermittent sleep the entire time with only one evening of it horizontal.  Boy does that make a difference.  The train was jam-packed. 
A serious fire hazard if you ever had one.  People and bags everywhere.  The train system was never engineered to handle this much luggage.  On to the ferry station.  Then of course yep.. at 2300 we started to take the BUS to the ferry from the terminal. The ferry was leaving at 0200 on the 6th to get into Dublin at 0600, whereupon I took the Taxi to my hotel. Whew! I crashed HARD!  I made it. Look out Ireland. 

No comments: