20100824

Go Leinster!

Apparently the Magner's Cup is a little controversial.  As with all things Irish there is always some angle on it that comes up hot.  After learning some of the history it seems like they - well I guess we.. being  of 1/2 Irish descent... love to get into a riot and burn things down. Actually that sounds pretty accurate except I never have any matches handy.



I was fortunate enough to be in Dublin during the semi-final fixtures or the Magner's Cup.  I was rooting for Leinster.  I started following the IRU (Irish Rugby Union) a little while I was getting ready to head on R&R and Leinster seemed like a solid team. I was right.  They won the match!



Of course I had to grab a scarf while I was there.  It was a great time, the only thing that might have been better is if I had one of my new Irish drinkin' buddies there.

No comments: